How to use PhoXi 3D scanners through HALCON
- 1) Download the last version of PhoXi Control and Halcon Driver from the Photoneo website
- 2) Setting environment variables
- In Windows, go to Control panel\System and Security\System, then click on Advanced System settings on the left pane, the System properties window will open. Click on environment variables at the bottom of this window.
- In the Environment variables window, in the system variables pane, check if the system variables HALCONARCH, HALCONEXAMPLES, HALCONIMAGES, HALCONROOT are set correctly. (Same as in the picture below)
- In Ubuntu, edit the file ~\.profile in a text editor and write the following line at the end (without the quotes):
- "source /opt/halcon/.profile_halcon"
- 3) Open example file hAcqPhoXi.hdev
- located in C:\Users\Public\Documents\PhoHalcon\ with HDevelop.
- 4) Launch PhoXiControl (PhoXiControl must be running in order to call API functions)
- 5) Start our HALCON example (it connects to the last scanner in PhoXiControl)
- 6) Edit open_framegrabber (AcqName, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'default', -1, 'default', -1, 'false', 'default', 'DeviceValues', -1, -1, AcqHandle)
- Change 'DeviceValues' to the scanners ID you want to connect to.
After the installation, please run following commands to create links to driver libraries:
$ sudo ln -s /opt/PhoHalcon/libhAcqPhoXi.so /usr/lib/hAcqPhoXi.so $ sudo ln -s /opt/PhoHalcon/libhAcqPhoXixl.so /usr/lib/hAcqPhoXixl.so $ sudo ln -s /opt/PhoHalcon/libPhoXi_API_gcc4.9.4_Release.so.1.1.6 /usr/lib/libPhoXi_API_gcc4.9.4_Release.so.1.1.6
Upgrading the HALCON driver
When upgrading the HALCON driver, delete PhoXi_API_msvc12_Release_1.X.X.dll located in the MVTec folder (located in c:\Program Files\MVTec\HALCON-13.0\bin\x64-win64\ by default)